Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Whole New Mind

I'll use this blog post to collect thoughts for Daniel Pink's "A Whole New Mind". I'm about 2/3rds through now, so look for changes/additions:

- STORY-TELLING
: Something we learned about back in ITEC800, I love Pink's example of the Hero Story. As a student of Anthropology (that was my BA), I definitely recall talking about how knowledge is passed down through stories. Morality is often taught through folktales, songs, chanting, etc. It only makes sense that that is how our human brains are wired to process when it comes to complex amounts of informaton.

- RESURGENT ART/DESIGN/AESTHETIC: I attended the HS of Art & Design which Pink mentions in the book. It's great that in NYC everyone has the opportunity to apply for High Schools outside of their zone, choosing something they want to focus on (art, music, science, vocations).

1 comment:

Come and See Africa said...

That is why you are so creative --You attended HS where art/design were in in the curriculum. The best presentations are usually done by good story tellers.